We have added additional answers to questions that have been submitted to us over the last week and have added these to the FAQ page on the TCMHA website.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many ice times per week will U7 have this season?
Will TCMHA be issuing refunds if hockey is stopped because of COVID-19?
- U7 (formerly called Initiation) will be a minimum of 2 ice times per week which is consistent across all age groups (U7 through U21) for this season
- Yes, in the event that OMHA/OHF/Hockey Canada cancels or cuts short the season, TCMHA will issue pro-rated refunds to all participants after all expenses have been covered
Will there be any games against other centres?
- At this time we will be focusing on our own Twin Centre teams at least through December. Once internal gameplay is appropriate to start, we will be scheduling games between Twin Centre teams to start. We are involved in discussions with the centres within the Waterloo Region and we will continue to discuss with those centres as we move forward if/when there is an option to play against neighboring centres
How will teams be decided on and which team my son/daughter will be part of?
- We are working to define how teams will be split based on confirmed registrations and number of players confirmed in each group. We expect to have more details in the next week on team structures once registration closes on September 12th. Teams will be formed in each age group by a committee of the Twin Centre Minor Hockey Association board
Is it true that players need to be dressed before coming to the arena?
- Participants must arrive at the arena fully dressed as dressing rooms will be available only for putting skates and helmets on. Further information on arena arrival and procedures while in the facility will be provided over the next few weeks
Can parents watch practices and games?
- One guardian will be permitted into the facility to accompany any minor aged participant. More information on arena arrival and procedures while in the facility will be provided over the next few weeks
If I have further questions, who do I contact?
- Please email [email protected] with your questions and we will work to answer them in a timely manner. Information will be added and updated on the FAQ page of the website.